- District Size & Class Size: Godley ISD is a rural district encompassing 122 square miles in Johnson, Tarrant, and Hood counties. Our student enrollment is over 1900 students. Our district philosophy continues to champion small student to teacher ratios for optimal instruction. Our school board and administrators strive to keep primary class sizes (preK-5) under 20:1, and secondary class sizes (6-12) under 25:1. Currently, our average class size at all levels is 13:1.
- Grade Level Alignment: 1 Elementary (PreK-3), 1 Intermediate School (4-6), 1 Middle School (7-8), 1 High School (9-12).
- Accountability: All campuses and the district Met Standard for the State academic accountability system and earned the highest rating by the State for fiscal management. GISD believes that student, campus, and district achievement should look beyond high stakes standardized multiple choice exams to a meaningful assessment that has value for students, school, and community.
- GISD passed a resolution opposing high-stakes testing.
- GISD supports a Community-Based Accountability system as a multifaceted assessment that will render a more accurate picture of individual and district achievement and will target strengths as well as areas in need of improvement.
- GISD is an associate member of the Texas High-performing Schools Consortium
- GISD is a member of the TASA School Transformation Network